Friday, June 13, 2014

Motherhood

Becoming a mother was one of the best things that ever happened to me.  It was the first time that I was responsible for somebody else.  I remember the day we discovered that we were about to be parents.  My husband was ecstatic, I was terribly frightened.  I couldn't imagine taking care of an infant. There were so many things that could go wrong.  I read books like "What to Expect When Your Expecting" cover to cover but it only freaked me out even more!  However, as the months passed by and the due date became closer and closer the anxiety went away.  In it's place; anticipation.  I just couldn't wait to meet my little girl. Then, on July 5th, she came into my life and I was forever changed! Through her I discovered some new things about myself.  I have a nurturing side, a teaching side and a very silly side!

Two years later her little brother was born.  His birth wasn't as easy and the first week of his life filled me with worry. However, he has taught me a few more things about myself that I never knew. Such as, the meaning of perseverance and strength in the face of things that can frighten you to death! As well as, how to deal with adversity and ignorance in a small New England town.


This journey I am taking with my children is always changing.  Just when I think we've solved one problem another one comes along behind it!  Motherhood has opened my eyes.  It forces me to think about the future but cherish the present.  I have many stories to tell.  I've experienced it all; funny moments, sad moments and the oh so frustrating moments!

Read on...

No comments:

Post a Comment